Welcome to the Mens Events
While there is strictly no separate Men's Section, there are a number of events which are restricted to male members.
- Monthly Medals are played between April and October
- Monthly Stableford week competitions are played anytime between the 1st and 7th of the month. You can enter as many times as you wish.
- A new trial this year in the summer months is a Wednesday monthly Medal
- In the winter there are monthly competitions which are not qualifying.
- There are four men-only summer knock-out competitions and two winter ones.
- In June we have the Club Championship (Men & Ladies), both Gross and Nett, played over two rounds; on the Saturday and Sunday.
- There are a number of mixed friendly matches on Sundays and other mixed competitions throughout the year.
We also have three teams:
Wells fields one team in the The Bristol and District Golf League with foursomes matchesplayed throughout the summer, both home and away.
The Avalon league is a 4BBB league; it is a friendly but competitive.
The Wells team will be playing in the 4th division in 2015 season with a maximum handicap of 16. (Players with higher handicaps are able to play but would have to play off 16.)
Meet on Sundays and play a 4BBB format. These are friendly but competitive matches both home and away.